Sunday, June 10, 2007

Speaker Conceived In Rape Shares Pro Life Views

We've all heard someone say:

"I'm pro-life, well, except in cases of rape . . ."

or


"I'm pro-choice, especially in cases of rape !"


Have you ever considered how really insulting it is to say to someone, "I think your
mother should have been able to abort you."? It's like saying, "If I had my way, you'd be dead right now." And that is the reality with which I live every time someone says they are pro-choice or pro-life "except in cases of rape" because I would have been aborted if it had been legal in Michigan when I was an unborn child, and I can tell you that it hurts.

But I know that most people don't put a face to this issue -- abortion is just a concept --
with a quick cliche, they sweep it under the rug and forget about it. I do hope that, as a child conceived in rape, I can help to put a face and a voice to this issue.
Rebecca Kiessling

This report of Rebecca's address at Central Michigan University contains some video footage of the event. She's a professional pro-life speaker. I'd say she's really making her audience think twice about the "rape exception" to abortion. Visit her website too and read up on her story.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>