Sunday, February 25, 2007

Forget Outlawing Abortion; Just Preach the Gospel

I've heard that argument often from Christians, particularly Christian leaders and particularly Evangelical leaders. In fact, for much of my time as an Evangelical, I might not have put it as boldly as the headline but essentially I promoted the same view.

Unfortunately, it's just not as simple as all that.

Scott Klusendorf at LTI blog recently posted Bad Thinking About Laws and Hearts answering some confusing comments that appeared on Between Two Worlds.

This is an important subject for Christians to sort out because it brings together certain theological, philosophical and legal aspects of the abortion debate.

I like the quote from Martin Luther, which puts in proper context the essential importance of protecting humans [yes, including unborns] by means of laws.
Martin Luther King Jr. put it well: "It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important."
Scott also did a follow up post just a few days ago. Take a close look at these short but powerful postings.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>