Thursday, May 10, 2007

Calgary Bishop Henry Stonewalls Pro-Life Group CCBR

Now that LifeSiteNews.com has joined with a former news service [April 26-07] in announcing Bishop Henry's opposition to the Canadian Centre for Bioethical Reform, one can only hope that the Bishop will reconsider his hardline stance.

Frankly, I'm surprised and disappointed that LifeSiteNews did not suggest readers contact the Bishop's office to [politely] register their concerns. Perhaps this indicates the degree of confusion among even pro-lifers on the subject of graphic images and the [peaceful] "ends" that must be pursued to protect the Unborn.

When I was first alerted to the news item from April 26 by Catholic Online I was shocked to say the least. I immediately set about to appeal to the Bishop on this matter because the implications of the Bishop's decision, in my opinion, are far reaching indeed for the pro-life movement. After a very lengthy and very careful labour I finished my [polite and respectful] letter to the Bishop requesting a reconsideration of his verdict against CCBR.

Sadly, yesterday, on the same day as the LifeSite story, I received a terse and discourteous dismissal of my letter, with no reference whatever to any of my detailed concerns or to the case I presented.

Suddenly I realize that opposition to the killing of unborn children by "pro-life" parties is much more qualified and nuanced than even I had expected.

We have a very tough struggle ahead of us. God help the Unborn in Canada in the meanwhile, twelve per hour, every hour, every day of the year.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>